Sunday 2 January 2011

What can I say

As it's still the Christmas season and most people are still at home enjoying themselves (or at home not enjoying themselves) I thought I'd continue with some light hearted blog posts

There are often odd things to be seen in the snow, it brings out the best in people, it also brings out the worst in people (especially on the roads) but it also seems to bring out the eccentric in people or maybe it brings out eccentric people - this makes me wonder where the eccentric people are the rest of the year, maybe one of my blog readers knows the answer to that one

I spotted this chap happily walking through my very chilly home town just before Christmas, I did wonder if he was some sort of hardy northern person putting us softy southerners to shame but I hope he was really an interesting local eccentric walking back to his tricycle for the long journey home to his mansion & pet tiger



Christmas is a time of goodwill to all men, some people get close to a loved one (or a potential loved one) under the mistletoe whereas some people, despite the cold weather seem to have a more direct approach. This 2nd image did make me smile as I pondered just for a second the backstory behind this discarded packaging


Here's to a great 2011 for us all and may there be plenty of the interesting & bizarre for us to see on our daily travels

See anything unexpected this Yuletide season ? please let me know

1 comment:

Alistair Kerr Photography said...

The guy in shorts, off duty postman. They have competitions to see who can stand the cold the longest our posty wore them right through the resent cold snap!
Condoms? Not mine :0)