Thursday 8 July 2010

Beaten to it

For some time I have been thinking about writing a blog posting around the importance of the images used in marketing campaigns or on a website.

I had it all planned out, I was going to discuss all of the issues like a picture speaking a thousand words and how a website needs to promote the Unique Selling Points (USP's) of a business rather than trot out the ways it is the same as the competitor up the road and the 5 other competitors down the road. It is very tempting for a business to just buy pictures from a stock image library rather than employ a professional photographer but by buying from a library for a few £££ they run the risk that one of their competitors has also bought the same image - whoops there goes the marketing campaign

That is what I was going to blog about but then I realised someone in the shape of Callum Winton had already blogged on the same subject so rather than re-hashing the words I thought I would pass you over to his blog and then ask you to consider me for your next marketing campaign or update to your website Why you should hire a photographer for your marketing material

No comments: