Sunday 2 May 2010

The Scarborough Flyer gets me into print again

It's always nice to get one of my pictures into the papers

This time it was an image of the A4 locomotive Bittern as she hauled The Scarborough Flyer from London Kings Cross to a day at the seaside in Scarborough

Bittern was in use from 1937 until 1966 when she passed from British Rail ownership into the hands of the Drury family who own her to this day.

After a long period of restoration she started hauling steam specials in 2007, the one on Thursday last week was run by UK Railtours.  I took my shots from near to Cadwell crossing just outside Ickleford near Hitchin in Hertfordshire

The trouble with taking pictures of steam trains is that they pass by in about 20 seconds so it does take careful setting up before hand and good choice of location.

Next time I will have to treat it more like photography from my days as an accredited motorsports photographer - hmmm that gives me ideas for some forthcoming blogs




The very brief article from the online edition of Comet - the print edition is out on Thursday next week

Green Steam Machine Powers through Comet Country

No comments: