Monday 3 May 2010

Bank Holiday Weather

Well we certainly had typical Bank Holiday weather today

My windows were lashed with raindrops the size of golf balls mid morning and then as quickly as it started it seemed to stop and the sun came out.

I quickly headed out camera in hand to see what there was to see

My 1st stop was an image I have been meaning to capture for sometime but have either been in a hurry or have been without a camera (naughty me), I liked it so much I have decided to make it a new profile picture on my Facebook profile

I continued until I reached the top of the big hill in the middle of Hitchin which is called Windmill Hill and what do you know it used to have a windmill at the top now it has Hitchin Girls School and a large water tower instead. I sat down at the top of the hill on a rather breezy bench but my rest didn't last too long as I was soon assaulted by very heavy hail, the blast effects of which soon had me speeding down the hill to shelter in a shop door way

Once the hail turned into rain and started to ease I decided it was time to head away from the town and look for some proper signs of spring

And I think I managed it, yes folk spring is hear despite the look of those clouds

No comments: