Monday 7 September 2009

I've gone and done it (but in the wrong order)

Things had been getting worse in the corporate world, time and time again I found I was responsible for something (especially when something had gone wrong) but without the authority or power to control it or to fix it. At other times I was asked "why didnt you fill in form xyz, the sky is going to fall in" when the answer was that no one had told me about the form and the need to complete it in order to maintain the normal position of the fermanent. Things were becoming unworkable.

Three weeks ago I was on holiday for the week and I decided that I'd had enough and that seeking another similar (or possibly just as bad) role was not going to solve things in the long term so I decided almost of the spur of the moment to give my agency the required one months notice that I was going to terminate the contract.

Ah that felt so good

And so here I am with my last day in the corporate world being Friday 18th and from then on I will be able to devote all of my time to plan B and turning that from a dream into a reality and from there into a success.

Eeeekkkk what have I done ?

1 comment:

Abigail Seymour said...

"Leap, and a net will appear." Bravo for being so bold! A great book that helped me when I made the same leap: "Making a Living Without a Job" Great stuff.